Tuesday, October 20, 2015

#596 : Split lino_xl.lib.sepa into “sepa_out” and “sepa_in”

New #596. I realized that we will need to split the lino_xl.lib.sepa module. One part of it is just the fact of maintaining a list of bank accounts of your business partners: Account and AccountsByPartner. The second part is about importing data from the bank and having statements and movements on these accounts. This is used only by Lino Welfare. In Lino Così we do not want this functionality. Another functionality (yet to write) is that Lino sends payment orders to the bank.

Continued with tim2lino

Note: I have two tickets #353 (Umstieg von TIM nach Lino) and #554 (first usage of tim2lino) which are partially redundant. 353 is declared as “depends on 554”.

That customer currently uses TIM since A.D. 2000. The first two years are still in BEF as currency before they switched to EUR. We decieded that we can ignore these first two years when importing data to Lino. Lino does not yet support multiple currencies, and for the moment there is no user who might be interested in that feature, so that task is sleeping.

The tim2lino fixture now ignores everything before 2002.

Still thinking about whether Matching.match should be a ForeignKey or a CharField. I am far from being sure whether my thoughts on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 were right. Currently I believe again that a CharField is better…

Printing a sales invoice produced an empty document. Mainly because the model name has chaged (to VatProductInvoice) some long time ago, but I forgot to also rename the config directory with the template.

TODO:

  • Print a payment reminder
  • Two failures of the Cosi test suite (in docs/tested/demo.rst and docs/tested/ledger.rst) are failing due to my changes.

The navigation bar is back

Thanks to Jeff McKenna who reacted to my post I “fixed” #550 (though not in an elegant way).

Open source as a tool of cultural change

Oh, even the US government starts to understand why software must be free: Open source as a tool of cultural change

It is funny that this website has a whole article which explains What is open source?, which completely ignores Richard Stallmann’s vocabulary problem about Why Open Source misses the point of Free Software.

Merging Hamza’s work on #505

Hamza did not know that I had been working on Lino Così as well. And I thought that there would be no conflict because I was not working in lino_xl.lib.sepa. But it seems that I did some changes there:

$ git merge hamza/master
Auto-merging lino_cosi/lib/sepa/ui.py
Auto-merging lino_cosi/lib/sepa/models.py
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in lino_cosi/lib/sepa/models.py
Auto-merging lino_cosi/lib/sepa/__init__.py
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

As instructed here, I must now manually resolve the conflict:

$ e lino_cosi/lib/sepa/models.py

I actually just removed my changes since they were irrelevant. And then:

$ git add lino_cosi/lib/sepa/models.py
$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

All conflicts fixed but you are still merging.
  (use "git commit" to conclude merge)

Changes to be committed:

        modified:   lino_cosi/lib/sepa/__init__.py
        modified:   lino_cosi/lib/sepa/models.py
        modified:   lino_cosi/lib/sepa/ui.py

And now, as instructed, I use “git commit” to conclude the merge:

$ git commit -m "merged Hamza's changes to master"
[master a038fbb] merged Hamza's changes to master

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 2 commits.
  (use "git push" to publish your local commits)

nothing to commit, working directory clean

And then I publish everything:

$ git push
Counting objects: 30, done.
Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (16/16), done.
Writing objects: 100% (16/16), 3.18 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 16 (delta 14), reused 0 (delta 0)
To git@github.com:lsaffre/lino-cosi.git
   cb6d3a0..a038fbb  master -> master