Monday, December 17, 2018

Changes in cooperation directives

My work on Saturday are a nice example for a change requested by a customer which leads to an optimization of the framework: Mathieu asks to add a field “priority” to cal.Task, and I decide to fix the problem in a way which I believe to be the best. But which potentially takes more time than a simple “patch”. We cannot deny that such decisions depend on subjective values and long-term objective.

It is for this kind of cases that we have rule (61) our cooperation directives: “Wenn eine Anfrage am effizientesten zu implementieren ist durch eine Änderung im Frame­work, gilt sie deshalb nicht als allgemeine Entwicklung und ist dennoch zahlbar”. To make things more clear, I now added a sentence “Der Dienstleister entscheidet über die technische Implementierung einer angefragten Änderung.”

En passant I also saw two minor optimizations: I removed rule (37) “Rechnungen für Wartungsaufträge dürfen nach schriftlicher Absprache auch stückweise bezahlt werden…” because it has become useless. And in rule (106) after “Die Verpflichtungen des Dienstleisters beginnen mit dem Eingang der Zahlung einer Rechnung” I added “und enden automatisch bei negativem Stundenkontingent”.

Adapted test suites

My work on #2687 went to production but is not yet finished: I must adapt the test suites. On Saturday I had a quick glance at the failures and saw that they are trivial. Though they require some routine work because each of the 21 failures needs attention and a change in the doc file.

I started the release notes for 2018-12-18.

An optimization in Amici

I did #2759 (Bank accounts also by Person) and released to their production site.

The API docs for Lino Amici were still in the The Lino Book, and the book had amici in the requirements. But I think that with amici we should do as with presto: let it be an independent project out of the book.

After releasing the changes to production I noticed and fixed a bug in lino_xl.lib.blog: lino_xl.lib.blog.LatestEntries had the same problem as the one we fixed recently in lino.modlib.notify.MyMessages : Lino no longer supports get_table_summary() to return a string with HTML, it must be an etree element.