Friday, February 16, 2018

First pictures of the new lino.modlib.openui5 user interface in action. We started this project in January because we disagree with Sencha’s policy about the community edition of ExtJS.

../../_images/a.png ../../_images/b.png ../../_images/c.png

This is the first Lino module whose author is rather Tonis than Luc, so I had a problem with writing “Copyright 2018 Luc Saffre” and used “Copyright 2018 Rumma & Ko Ltd” instead. Actually it should be “OÜ” rather than Ltd because it is an Estonian company, but I guess that the non-ascii character might cause trouble.

Moved code from Lino to new package “etgen”

Hamza is working on #1199. While reviewing his last pull request, I realized that the packages lino.utils.xmlgen and lino.utils.html2rst actually don’t need anything from Lino. We should move them out of Lino into an independent package to make them available for people who don’t want Lino.

  • I created and published a new package etgen

  • I removed lino.utils.xmlgen and lino.utils.html2rst from Lino and adpated Lino to use etgen.

  • Removed lino.utils.xmlgen.cbss completely (this was some early study which has never been used in production)

Of course this caused lots code changes in the other projects. For example the well-known line:

from lino.utils.xmlgen.html import E

is now:

from etgen.html import E

My first version 0.0.1 caused an IOError [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/travis/virtualenv/python2.7.14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/etgen/sepa/XSD/pain.001.001.02.xsd' in book build 649.1. This was a packaging problem: the .xsd files are not by default part of the source distribution. It me took several releases until etgen passed on Travis CI.