Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Uff! Yesterday (and now) I finally got my work of the last 10 days committed and pushed and the test suites to pass and the docs to build.

There was a problem (#2665) for building the book after above changes. I had to remove workflows and models from the autosummary directives of lino_vilma.lib.vilma and lino_noi.lib.noi. Prosa docs lino_noi.lib.noi.workflows and lino_vilma.lib.vilma.workflows still don’t seem it seems to work. To be continued. Not urgent.

While thinking with Thierry about whether he feels able to learn Sphinx in order to write end-user docs for Lino applications, I reviewed some documentation: Writing documentation A short crash course. Manuals for end-users Manuals for end-users.

Upgrade on the Lino Tera production site

I did a next upgrade on the Lino Tera production site on our way to 18.11.1 (2018-11-30).

Errors encountered during the migration:

  • TypeError: ‘min_asset’ is an invalid keyword argument for this function

  • Okay this one was almost expected:

    Abandoning with 5 unsaved instances:
    - finan.BankStatementItem [u'Account {} needs a partner'] (3 object(s) with primary key 460, 775, 483)
    - finan.BankStatementItem [u'Account {} cannot be used with a partner'] (2 object(s) with primary key 164, 234)
    

    Moved the validation code into a data checker to deactivate it temporarily and then run it after the migration so that we can inspect the problems manually. For convenience, data checkers now have a new method check_instance

  • The amount field on Guest or Event must be disabled or not depending on the Invoicing policy of the course.

    New method lino_xl.lib.invoicing.InvoiceGenerator.get_last_invoicing() is used to disable the amount field on events for which an invoice has been issued.

    This required a cool new rule: when generating invoices, the plan’s max_date goes into the voucher_date and the plan’s today goes into the entry_date of the invoice.

    Because when they write invoices for september e.g. on the 8th of october, therapists don’t want to have all their calendar entries locked

    The default value of lino.modlib.system.SiteConfig.hide_events_before in a demo project was set (by lino_xl.lib.cal.fixtures.std) to April 1st (of the current year when demo_date was after April and of the previous year when demo_date before April) I changed this to January 1st because in lydia it was disturbing that most calendar entries were already hidden.

  • Cannot import session 109972 because there is no user NM Cannot import session 109972 because there is no user FK

    –> manually create users fk and nm to fix this for the next import.

Note : the book testsuite now has some failures caused by my changes. I will fix them as soon as possible.