Friday, September 23, 2016

Testing the content of dict objects

Grigorij reported a test failure in Introducing the Site class which might be caused by the fact that TEMPLATES is a complex dict, and because ordering of dict items can differ. So I changed the document to use json.dumps() instead of atelier.utils.dict_py2(). Grigorij confirmed that his problem was fixed after this.

Hamza, so this is yet another example of why I prefer json.dumps() over our selfmade dict_py2! See also this thread: Any way to properly pretty-print ordered dictionaries in Python?.

A ticket for Subha

Last week in Douz (on Fri Sep 16 10:56:24 2016 +0100), Hamza and I added 100 demo tickets to lino_noi.projects.team.settings.fixtures.demo, but we forgot to adapt the test suite accordingly. About 6 or 7 doctest files were failing. I fixed a first file and started a second one before I realized that this might be a great job for Subha. I called hime, and it took me only half an hour to explain him what it is about (he watched me finishing the failures in working : Work time tracking). He then felt able to continue this work on the other files. So I committed my two files, and now he is working on the remaining failures. We are looking forward to his first contribution.