Friday, July 12, 2019¶
About front ends and renderers¶
I checked in my work on #3110. The test suite passes again. The data checker is still missing, but this is less urgent.
lino.modlib.memo.Plugin.front_end setting is now ready for beta
testing on a site with two web front ends.
We must sometimes produce absolute URIs (e.g. when parsing a notification message to an email), and sometimes relative URIs (e.g. when rendering it in the summary panel of the comments per ticket).
Lino now uses the BASE tag
when sending notification emails. This avoids us adding an option to the memo
parser which would instruct it to generate absolute URIs. Not sure whether
email clients support it, though. To be observed. The difference is visible
lino_book.projects.team.tests.test_notify. Before today the body
of a notification email was:
<body> (22/12/2016 19:45) Robin a comment? <a href="http://127.0.0.1:8000/api/tickets/Tickets/1" ... </body>
Now it is:
<html><head><base href="http://127.0.0.1:8000/" target="_blank"></head> <body>(22/12/2016 19:45) Robin a comment? <a href="/api/tickets/Tickets/1" ... </body></html>
Note that only comments are previewable. The body of a notification message has
currently no preview. That’s because notification messages aren’t shown often,
so we can parse them on the fly when needed. You might say here that currently
the are shown often, namely in the dashboard (
But I have the feeling that this dashboard item will go away since nobody reads
notifications in the dashboard.
The difference between a “front end” (i.e. a plugin) and a “renderer” is not clear. Maybe we should merge them. Maybe we should change ar.renderer to ar.front_end. En attendant we can use ar.renderer.front_end.
TODO: Note the difference between Site and Kernel : Site contains the
“configuration”, which is available after instantiation of the
Kernel contains the “run-time environment” of a
SITE and is
available only after startup. Maybe we should rename “kernel” to “rte” to make
this more evident.
I started a new page Stories.
The memo parser currently always produces relative URIs
I removed the
MailRenderer class in
it was no longer needed.
En passant I reviewed some parts of the book.