Monday, October 28, 2019¶
We forgot about the switch from summer to winter time. Hamza was waiting for us at 8am (as usual for him), but Tonis and I arrived only at 10am (as usual for us)…
Hamza got mentions (
lino.modlib.comments) working and released on Jane
Congratulations. Now he was stuck with the problem of sending a notification
when a user is mentioned in a comment. I asked him to stop working on this
because it is rather a problem of the notifications framework
lino.modlib.notify). More important is to show, in the detail of a
ticket, the list of comments that mention this ticket. I started working in the
comments code with Hamza watching.
Tonis suggested (and basically convinced me) to move away from generating HTML on the server and to use a “client-side views” approach instead. But that needs more investigation.
Hamza “disappeared” at some moment, probably a connection issue on his side.
I started using the new “Teams” table in Hobbit.
What name do we prefer for our Noi site? : “Hobbit” or “Jane”? The two sites should become either “jane” and “e-jane” or “hobbit” and “e-hobbit”. I seem to prefer Jane because the choice makes some sense and is easier to explain to others.
Priorities by developer until Wednesday:
Tonis : Modular dashboard components
Hamza : work on the getlino test suite (use travis matrix to setup the different setup variants (developer / contributor / production / demo)
Luc : finish my review of comments, write offers Presto and Avanti, work on a TIM customer request.
Before pushing my work on
master I should get the test suite passing.
One failure (in tickets (Ticket management)) shows me that #3284 interferes
with a series of changes I plan for Noi regarding our business model for next
year: The customers want us to sell “maintenance contracts” for a
production site. A maintenance contract is always for a given date
range and has a number of hours to be worked on. This “hour credit” or
“contingent” of an order becomes void at the end of the date range. It is
commercially equivalent to what I have been calling “yearly fee” until now, but
easier to sell because it includes a number of free hours. And because this is a
common concept. As a first step I plan to change the verbose_name for
tickets.Site from “Site” to “Order”. And en passant I would add some
“Site” or “Order” is a designated and formulated goal for which somebody is
ready to pay. We have a lot of “internal” orders: we want ourselves to work on
something. These sites will simply have empty
hours_paid Seen like this, the sites in Noi might become a new type of
vouchers and are stored in a journal. We might even print them out and use them
as the maintenance contract for the customer. Lino should not allow anybody to
work on a ticket if its order has no credit left. We can always create a new
order and move the ticket there.
I opened #3301 for these ideas.
contact_person of a site is now more important because this points
to the site expert.
This change would make it possible that Lino computes itself the remaining hours in a service report. Until now I had to compute these myself.
Note that #3028 probably becomes useless then.
Yes, Lino Noi is becoming an full project management system :-)
There is more to do: