Saturday, June 5, 2021

Fixing #4185

Yesterday Sharif and I had a session where we discovered issue #4185. I had no idea at this moment and gave this to Sharif. Later he commented:

Basically they all have the same: “type”: “Father(Mother)” in the href. Even if the type were correct, it wouldn’t still work because react weren’t acknowledging these values. …

That comment made me tilt. I commented:

Ha! I understood (maybe !) : we need to call BaseRequest.clear_cached_status() before rendering each button. Read the docs and explore. Maybe you understand. Ask questions if it isn’t clear.

Now I found time to verify it myself. Indeed this was the explanation of the issue. Fixing the issue itself was less than two minutes of work.

But this little bug has been living there for more than a year. And the test suite didn’t complain. That’s the real problem. And another problem is that Sharif had no chance to understand what I was talking about, at least not in reasonable time.

So before changing any code, I wrote a test case that reproduces the problem: Reproduce #4185.

En passant I converted the developer docs about lino_xl.lib.humanlinks from autodoc to prosa. And I fixed a cosmetic bug, a missing space: Lino said “Father(Mother)” instead of “Father (Mother)”.

TODO: write end-user documentation.

Here are my code changes:

  • 2021-06-05 05:36 in book: 5ad1ece (fixing #4185 (reproduce the issue))

  • 2021-06-05 05:42 in xl: cd03f93 (fix #4185)

  • 2021-06-05 05:42 in book: 4594e20 (fixing #4185 (reproduce the issue))

  • 2021-06-05 06:35 in xl: 8a9dd7a (convert humanlinks docs to prosa)

  • 2021-06-05 06:36 in book: d0d387d (convert humanlinks docs to prosa)

Here is how this test was failing before I fixed the issue:

$ doctest docs/specs/humanlinks.rst
File "docs/specs/humanlinks.rst", line 88, in humanlinks.rst
Failed example:
    print(links[8])  #doctest: +NORMALIZE_WHITESPACE +ELLIPSIS
    <a href='
    "type": "Adopted son(Adopted daughter)"...">Adopted son</a>
    <a href=',{ "base_params": { "parent": 218, "type": "01" }, "data_record": { "data": { "child": null, "childHidden": null, "disabled_fields": {  }, "parent": "Mr Lars Braun", "parentHidden": 218, "type": "Father(Mother)", "typeHidden": "01" }, "phantom": true, "title": "New Personal Link" }, "record_id": null })' style="text-decoration:none" title="Open a dialog window to insert a new Personal Link.">Adopted son</a>
1 items had failures:
   1 of  18 in humanlinks.rst
***Test Failed*** 1 failures.

Dockerizing Lino

Hannes and I had a session about dockerizing Lino.

We wrote a new dockerfile to deploy a running Lino noi server:

$ docker build -t lino -f Dockerfiles/deploy .

debian_updated : this is to avoid installing lots of debian packages again and again when testing. If I haven’t working getlino for a while it can make sense to build a fresh image:

$ go getlino
$ docker build --no-cache -t debian_updated -f Dockerfiles/debian_updated .
Successfully tagged debian_updated:latest

Here is where we stopped:

$ docker build -t lino -f Dockerfiles/deploy .
Successfully installed BTrees-4.9.1 ZConfig-3.6.0 appy-1.0.7 bleach-3.3.0 docopt-0.6.2 num2words-0.5.10 persistent-4.7.0 transaction-3.0.1 zc.lockfile-2.0 zodb-5.6.0 zodbpickle-2.0.0
mysql -u root  -e "create user 'mysite1'@'localhost' identified by '4zz4o1ga5xA';"
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Error: mysql -u root  -e "create user 'mysite1'@'localhost' identified by '4zz4o1ga5xA';" ended with return code 1
The command '/bin/sh -c getlino startsite --batch noi mysite1' returned a non-zero code: 1

Upgrade on Jane

We had a strange issue after upgrading Jane:

TypeError: t.state.site_data.choicelists[‘system.DashboardLayouts’] is undefined

The issue vanished after replacing one this by window.App.

makedocs failed because one template ( is not included in the sdist.