Thursday, January 15, 2015

Overriding workflow transition actions

Wow. Lino has another cool feature: overriding workflow transition actions.

The workflow defines an event state “took place” with a simple transition, represented by a smilie, which marks the event has “took place”. This is the default behaviour for feedback.

But in Lino Welfare they want more. They requested that clicking the smilie should not only mark the meeting as “took place”, but should also check out all participants, after asking for a user confirmation before doing so.

All this is implemented in, the first usage example for the new lino.core.workflows.Workflow.override_transition() method.

Ordering of tasks was ordered decending, but for tasks this is not intuitive. Now ordered ascending. The same is true for all tasks lists, so in fact I just change it on

Upgrade in Eupen

Upgrade in Eupen. Noticed that the reception.AgentsByClient (#60) doesn’t yet work: find_date gets the record_id of the Coaching and interprets it as the id of the partner.

“am heutigen Tage”

The text of presence certificates (presence_certificate.body.html) had a bug: it said always “was present today” (“am heutigen Tage”) even when you issued it on a presence at another date.

Neither VISUAL nor EDITOR environment variable is set!

Typing fab blog failed when neither VISUAL nor EDITOR environment variable were set. As Mahmoud describes in his blog.

This is the time to speak about another problem. Actually, fab blog should use neither VISUAL nor EDITOR. Because these variables are expected for use cases when the calling program waits until the editor terminates. Like git commit, git merge and git rebase -i.

But when we invoke fab blog, we want to not wait for the editor to terminate. We want it to launch the editor with our blog entry and then we want to return back to the command line.

Since I never seriously used git commit, git merge and git rebase -i, I had my EDITOR set to emacsclient –no-wait and was happy. But that happiness was ephemeric. See 2015-01-05 for an example.

I changed atelier.fablib accordingly. It no longer looks for any of these environment variables but expects a new configuration setting atelier.fablib.env.editor_command.