Saturday, February 18, 2017

Tonis and I had a big HO session where we moved to a new server (#1271). This was basically routine work, verifying the docs and starting to think about how we can make this automatically.

We added an MX record for (at

We get certificates as explained in

When installing libreoffice, I saw that they deprectated the single dashes in theor command-line interface:

$ /usr/bin/libreoffice --accept="socket,host=,port=8100;urp;" --nologo --headless --nofirststartwizard

$ /usr/bin/libreoffice -accept="socket,host=,port=8100;urp;" -nologo -headless -nofirststartwizard

As a result, our ticketing database is now at

As you can see, we also changed its name from “Mio” to “Jane”. It will need some time for us all to get used to the new name, but I believe that Mio was just too bad as name. Let’s hope that Jane (who shares her first name with Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple) will become more and more helpful in her job: collecting and remembering information about everything from everywhere.