Friday, November 1, 2019

I fixed some more test failures caused by miscellaneous recent changes (#881):

One was in book, caused by my yesterday change in BaseRequest.confirm() when BaseRequest.set_confirm_answer() was used.

The other (ImportError: cannot import name 'get_image_path' in Lino Welfare) was caused by a change I did some days ago.

Two failures were because I removed the server_status field from lino.modlib.about.About.

And in docs/specs/welcht/misc.rst there was a problem caused by the new callback handling. The test creates a file config/immersion/Contract/Default.odt in lino_welfare.projects.mathieu because that doctest uses BaseRequest.run() which spawns a child request, and the setting given previously by BaseRequest.set_confirm_answer() was not being inherited to that child request.

Miscellaneous

Tonis made that the dashboard in React front end for Lino now issues separated Ajax requests for each dashboard item. New attribute lino.core.renderer.Renderer.hide_dashboard_items.

The book docs still didn’t build on readthedocs. I added a missing eidreader dependency in requirements.stable.txt

I fixed a failure in the book test suite on travis which hadn’t occurred on my machine because I always had a default.db file from a previous prep run.

I started a new page Screen casts in the Developers Guide. I also tried to add the mp4 files of my screencasts to the book repository, but oops, that doesn’t work:

[master 5ae7057] http://luc.lino-framework.org/blog/2019/1101.html
 7 files changed, 32 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 docs/data/videos/vokoscreen-2019-10-21_11-05-56.mp4
 create mode 100644 docs/data/videos/vokoscreen-2019-10-23_05-56-03.mp4
 create mode 100644 docs/data/videos/vokoscreen-2019-10-23_07-33-49.mp4
 create mode 100644 docs/data/videos/vokoscreen-2019-10-23_08-33-38.mp4
 create mode 100644 docs/dev/screencasts.rst
Counting objects: 13, done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (13/13), done.
Writing objects: 100% (13/13), 385.46 MiB | 2.90 MiB/s, done.
Total 13 (delta 5), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (5/5), completed with 5 local objects.
remote: error: GH001: Large files detected. You may want to try Git Large File Storage - https://git-lfs.github.com.
remote: error: Trace: 8e965936f1f793356f93ccb06127aed3
remote: error: See http://git.io/iEPt8g for more information.
remote: error: File docs/data/videos/vokoscreen-2019-10-23_05-56-03.mp4 is 216.53 MB; this exceeds GitHub's file size limit of 100.00 MB
remote: error: File docs/data/videos/vokoscreen-2019-10-23_07-33-49.mp4 is 128.79 MB; this exceeds GitHub's file size limit of 100.00 MB
To github.com:lino-framework/book.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git@github.com:lino-framework/book.git'

Optimizations in Amici

Default front end is now React front end for Lino.

Added some fields to the insert_layout of lino_amici.lib.contacts.Persons.