Thursday, November 24, 2016

Notification API change

I continued to work on #923. More changes in the API of the notification framework.

New choicelist lino.modlib.notify.choicelists.MailModes. The injected user field notifyme_mode is replaced by mail_mode

Changed inv initdb to inv prep

I did ticket #1260 and renamed inv initdb to inv prep.


I fixed yet another case of 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'splitlines' AttributeError in lino.core.diff.

#1258 : I still cannot reproduce the problem, but now I added an insert_layout to cv.StudiesByPerson and cv.ExperiencesByPerson. Maybe the problem disappears with this change.

I discovered how to reproduce a 'VirtualField' object has no attribute 'get_col' AttributeError. This came because remote fields were rendered as sortable columns, and the error happened when then a user tried to sort on them.

Optimizations for Lino Care

I continued on #1281: Added a quicklink [My settings], changed the layout of the insert window for submitting a new ticket.

And another bugfix in the core: add_instance_action did not work when used as a quick link (setup_quicklinks)

Permissions problem

When releasing to Oikos I had a new permissions problem. The website reported a 500:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PRJDIR/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/", line 158, in __call__
  File "PRJDIR/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/", line 50, in load_middleware
    for middleware_path in settings.MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES:
  File "PRJDIR/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/", line 55, in __getattr__
  File "PRJDIR/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/", line 43, in _setup
    self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
  File "PRJDIR/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/", line 99, in __init__
    mod = importlib.import_module(self.SETTINGS_MODULE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/", line 37, in import_module
  File "PRJDIR/", line 4, in <module>
    from import *
  File "ENVDIR/repositories/noi/lino_noi/projects/care/settings/", line 22, in <module>
    from import *
  File "ENVDIR/repositories/noi/lino_noi/projects/team/settings/", line 20, in <module>
    from lino.projects.std.settings import *
  File "ENVDIR/repositories/lino/lino/projects/std/", line 11, in <module>
    from import Site, configure_plugin, _
  File "ENVDIR/repositories/lino/lino/api/", line 20, in <module>
    from import Site, TestSite, configure_plugin
  File "ENVDIR/repositories/lino/lino/core/", line 58, in <module>
    from html2text import HTML2Text
ImportError: No module named html2text

But when I manually activated the environment, I did not have that problem. The problem occurred only when running as www-data. It was because newly installed packages (using pip install as user admin) were not group-owned www-data and not executable by other users:

$ cd env/lib
$ find -type d ! -perm /o=x

gave a long list of directories. Also this one:

$ find ! -perm /o=r

I fixed it using:

$ find -type d ! -perm /o=x -exec chmod o+x '{}' +
$ find ! -perm /o=r -exec chmod o+r '{}' +

User widgets

I started to prepare for #1284. New class lino.core.permissions.UserPrefs.